Difference between revisions of "ISC conference call - 16th June 2021"

Jump to: navigation, search
Line 97: Line 97:
#* none
#* none
# '''Next meeting'''
# '''Next meeting'''
#* 31st August
#* [[ISC conference call - 31st August 2021|31st August]]

Revision as of 08:40, 31 August 2021

ISC conference call - 16th June 2021
Title ISC conference call - 16th June 2021
Location Fredrik's zoom room
Date Start 2021/06/16 13:00 UTC
Date End 2021/06/16 15:00 UTC


  1. Election of a secretary for the meeting
  2. Approval of the agenda
  3. Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting
  4. Signing of the DINA MoU (update)
  5. Review of DINA ISC decisions (Redmine)
    1. DINA legal entity (Falko)
  6. Report from DINA TC (Satpal)
  7. SPNCH and TDWG meetings update
  8. DINA communication/outreach, update (Falko, James)
  9. Partner reports
  10. Any other business
  11. Next meeting


Participants: Fredrik, James, Satpal, Falko

  1. Election of a secretary for the meeting
    • Falko
  2. Approval of the agenda
    • approved
  3. Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting
    • approved
    • Falko fixes some formating issues
  4. Signing of the DINA MoU
    • 4 partner signed
    • remove from agenda
  5. Review of DINA ISC decisions
    • DINA legal entity
      • piloting in a meeting
        • mission / vision
        • what's different about us
          • future proof
          • business model possible (in Germany then scale up)
          • geological niche
          • openess, interaction, standardizeation
          • modular architecture,
        • membership model => different levels
          • Open Source => zero support, but with membership support will be available
        • consultation
        • international association => meta-level for harmonization
        • 3-5 partners => invitation letter
          • TODO: Falko: reach out to Wouter
          • find a date in early September
  6. Report from DINA TC
    • AAFC Working on the main collections module
      • Collection events is becoming very mature
      • Material samples is just coming to life
      • we have some good strategies for the physical storage system to be very flexible
      • There is some friction around our strategies for Determinations
      • we are planning to leverage Catalogue of Life Plus / API to support this component
        • still exploring what will be possible
      • on the MfN side, we will have some demo's in the next 2 months for
        • Templates, Labels and reports
        • Transactions and Loans modules
      • AAFC originally had 3 planned releases, now we are doing two major releases instead
        • AAFC are combing the modules for releases 1 & 2 in a single release
      • AAFC has around 9 months left of our project before we lose our funding/resources
      • AAFC is communicating that not all modules will be completed by end of project
      • Uber taxonomy has been dropped from our roadmap
      • AAFC portal won't be built, instead we will publish to GBIF directly
  7. SPNCH and TDWG meetings
    • SPHNC
      • James' talk about molecular data / samples => includes a part about DINA with material sampling promotion
    • TDWG
      • workshop approved
      • coordinated with Specify symposium and TaxonWorks unconference
  8. Partner reports
    • NRM
      • ALA release little bit delayed
      • core functionality => soft launch
      • 20-40 people
      • https://biodiversitydata.se
      • feel free to send feedback
      • official launch => early October
      • 3 workshops: molecular data, systematic monitoring programme,
      • 0.5 additional FTE at co-funding
    • AAFC
      • (main items covered in technical report, see above)
    • MfN
      • good progress in (mass) digitzation
      • DiSSCo event storming workshop for identifying the most relevant functionality for API in CMS's like DINA to collect to DiSSCo Research Infrastructure
      • combination with Synthesys+ task (NRM is leading and MfN contributing) on connecting ELViS with CMS's like DINA
        • TODO: Falko to contact Kevin and Ingimar
  9. Any other business
    • none
  10. Next meeting

Content is available under Attribution-Share Alike Non-commercial 2.5 or later, Unported unless otherwise noted.