ISC conference call - 16th October 2020

Jump to: navigation, search
ISC conference call - 16th October 2020
Title ISC conference call - 16th October 2020
Location Zoom
Date Start 2020/10/16 13:00 UTC
Date End 2020/10/16 15:00 UTC
Tags
Description


Agenda

  1. Election of a secretary for the meeting
  2. Approval of the agenda
  3. Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting
  4. NRM decision on collection management systems (Fredrik)
  5. Review of DINA ISC decisions (Redmine)
  6. Signing of the DINA MoU
  7. AAFC and NRM MoU on SeqDB (Fredrik, James)
  8. DiSSCO and DINA organization (Falko)
  9. Report from DINA TC (Satpal)
  10. DINA communication plan
  11. SPNCH and TDWG meetings update
  12. Partner reports
  13. Any other business
  14. Next meeting

Minutes

Participants: Fredrik, James, Satpal, Falko

  1. Election of a secretary for the meeting
    • Falko
  2. Approval of the agenda
    • approved
  3. Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting
    • approved
  4. NRM decision on collection management systems
    • not yet decided
    • Biodiversity Informatics team members outside the Living Atlasses project needed
  5. Review of DINA ISC decisions
  6. Signing of the DINA MoU
    • on the way @NRM
    • AAFC briefing of new administrativ director needed
  7. AAFC and NRM MoU on SeqDB
    • draft exists and reference to the MoU in several sections
    • it's ready for legal review
    • draft can help also MfN as good example
      • Fredrik invites Falko to comment on the document and adopt for MfN purposes
    • SeqDB license issues will be solved as soon as everything is migrated to new SeqDB
    • AAFC: genotyping use case => combine the DINA work
    • How to organize technical feedback ?
      • AAFC creates GitHub specifications repo for sequence data
      • all partners can put their feature requests in the specs. repo
  8. DiSSCo and DINA organization
    • Falko reports on details of the collaborations with DISSCo
    • DiSSCo Technical Team would also prefer a legal entity for DINA
    • Falko asks an external consultant in order to get to know more options and details regarding the effort of estabilshing a non-for-profit organization, taxation and jurisdiction
  9. Report from DINA TC
    • data modelling is in good progress
      • AAFC & MfN have regular meetings on Information Packes & components
      • action items:
        • engage with TDWG
        • e.g. TaxonWorks for complex taxonomy module
        • TODO @James: reach out to Matt Yoder as follow up meeting of the TDWG symposium
        • a separate meeting between TC and ISC and Matt would be good
      • taxonomy module is a risk => we need to close this gap!
  10. DINA communication plan
    • use a TDWG GitHub repo for continuing the discussion on Collection Management Systems under a DINA umbrella
    • in case there are many interested institutions and strategic discussions extended ISC meetings ("Coffee breaks with DINA" / "DINA fika") could be offered
    • Falko will promote DINA contacts in his TDWG session
    • James suggests to promote that the DINA data model is an innovative approach in DINA, because it focusses on the "new world reality"
  11. SPNCH and TDWG meetings
    • Symposium SYM04 on Collection Management Systems => Falko presents DINA at TDWG
    • DiSSCo / DINA related Panel Discussion PD03
    • no DINA submission for SPNHC conference
  12. Partner reports
    • AAFC
      • Satpal demonstrates the release infrastructure at AAFC
        • Object store
        • managed attributes => users can add additional fields ad hoc
        • Agents Module
      • lot of developers => need to be kept busy, so the intellectual preparation / modelling is now a bottle neck. But everyone is optimistic, that the outcome of the A-Team can be shifted to the dev team soon
    • MfN
      • new DNA data curator + developer @MfN => collect requirements and install SeqDB at MfN
      • new data manager => will be in charge with geo-server, geo-referencing, controlled vocabularies etc.
      • new developer team is already busy, but kind of same situation like in AAFC => bottle neck to keep developers busy reagrding DINA
    • NRM
      • Living Atlasses position and/or DINA / CMS position to be filed
        • too early to estimate the resources for DINA
      • vision of combining Living Atlasses activities with CMS activities
      • bioinformatics initiative => person will work with seqDB / DINA sequences
        • this person will share use cases in GitHub
  13. Any other business
    • Try to reach out to Taxon Works
  14. Next meeting

This page was last modified on 18 October 2020, at 11:08. Content is available under Attribution-Share Alike Non-commercial 2.5 or later, Unported unless otherwise noted.