ISC conference call - 22nd January 2020

Jump to: navigation, search
ISC conference call - 22nd January 2020
Title ISC conference call - 22nd January 2020
Location Google Hangout
Date Start 2020/01/22 14:00 UTC
Date End 2020/01/22 16:00 UTC
Tags
Description


Agenda

  1. Election of a secretary for the meeting
  2. Approval of the agenda
  3. Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting
  4. Review of DINA ISC decisions (Redmine)
  5. Report from DINA TC
  6. Signing of the new DINA MoU
  7. Development contracts
  8. Operation and maintenance contracts
  9. DINA face to face meeting
  10. SPNCH meeting
  11. Partner reports
  12. Any other business
  13. Next meeting

Minutes

Participants:

  1. Election of a secretary for the meeting
    • Falko
  2. Approval of the agenda
    • approved
  3. Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting
    • approved
  4. Review of DINA ISC decisions
    • no new items
    • Falko Glöckler is appointed by Jana Hoffmann as a new official ISC representative for MfN
      • Falko removes Jana from ISC mailing list
  5. Report from DINA TC
    • AAFC presented its 3 year roadmap for DINA
    • AAFC present the 3 year roadmap to its management
    • recap on release progress
    • TC request decision on multimedia API spec.
    • finalization of the collections module data model
    • ALA is not in short-term plan
    • TODO: ISC asks TC to share some slides regarding roadmap
  6. Signing of the new DINA MoU
    • AAFC, RBGE, MfN => on the way, but none signed yet
    • NRM => not before end of February (probably only Associate Member)
    • other (new) members
      • NHM London still interested
      • NHM Vienna => interested, but no official statement, yet
      • Senckenberg might be delayed, but still interested (esp. with focus on DiSSCo)
      • more Canadian federal partners interested in DINA (e.g. CFS Forestry)
    • TODO: all partners are being asked to send signed copies of the MoU to Falko in order to collect them for the whole DINA consortium at the MfN
  7. Development contracts
    • James completed a couple of examples
    • MfN has a delay with the completion of contract examples
  8. Operation and maintenance contracts
    • NRM & AAFC => Operation and Maintenance (O&M) contract for SeqDB needed
      • SeqDB is Open Source, but maintenance could be realized in diverse business models
      • there will be an official notification on plans for decomission of monolithic SeqDB client vs. DINA SeqDB module
  9. DINA face to face meeting
    • half day => small demos
    • AAFC gives guided tour through code bases (frontend and backend)
    • spend some time on UI and how to re-use of the AAFC UI
    • look closer at fields to track digitization efforts (who did what when?)
    • reconciliation the DINA roadmap AAFC & MfN
    • Falko will present DINA + funding from Berlin to AAFC senior management in order to highlight MfN's committment
    • Fred offers to contribute slides for the management presentation as well on the use of SeqDB @NRM
    • unfortunately RBGE will not participate
    • there might be opportunities for remote participation
    • TODO: AAFC sends official invitation for the DINA face- to face meeting
  10. SPNCH conference
    • 180 minutes session on collection management systems and the potential of closer collaboration
    • convenors are Heimo Rainer, James Macklin, Christian Bräuchler & Falko Glöckler
    • two presentations on DINA
      • Falko: Introduction to DINA, its vision etc.
      • David Shorthouse: DINA story @AAFC
  11. Partner reports
    • MfN
      • recruitment is in progress
      • (already two permanent developers)
      • still five more people expected to be hired in spring
      • internal roadmap meeting, first milestones expected to be defined by mid of March
      • digitization processes in the planning as important workflows close to data capture in collection management systems. Thus, important for requirements on DINA components
    • RBGE
      • Specify migration: "Big Push" deadline in April
      • lots of data cleaning activities
      • After April: funding for consultant => writing additional functionality in Specify
    • AAFC
      • (see above: TC report)
    • NRM
      • Meta genomics
      • contract with AAFC
      • Workshop on bringing together the biodiversity Atlas community
  12. Any other business
    • TDWG call for abstracts 6th Feb. need to be considered in the next ISC meeting
  13. Next meeting
    • 4th March 2020 14-16 UTC => postponed to 25th March 2020

This page was last modified on 23 March 2020, at 16:28. Content is available under Attribution-Share Alike Non-commercial 2.5 or later, Unported unless otherwise noted.