ISC conference call - 25th March 2020

Jump to: navigation, search
ISC conference call - 25th March 2020
Title ISC conference call - 25th March 2020
Location Google Hangout
Date Start 2020/03/25 14:00 UTC
Date End 2020/03/25 16:00 UTC
Tags
Description


Agenda

  1. Election of a secretary for the meeting
  2. Approval of the agenda
  3. Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting
  4. NRM decision on collection management systems
  5. Review of DINA ISC decisions (Redmine)
  6. Report from DINA TC
  7. Signing of the new DINA MoU
  8. Development contracts
    • DINA in the context of DiSSCo
  9. Operation and maintenance contracts
  10. DINA face to face meeting
  11. SPNCH meeting
  12. Partner reports
  13. Any other business
  14. Next meeting

Minutes

Participants: Fredrik, Falko, James, Satpal, Elspeth

  1. Election of a secretary for the meeting
  2. Approval of the agenda
  3. Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting
  4. NRM decision on collection management systems
  5. Review of DINA ISC decisions
  6. Report from DINA TC
  7. Signing of the new DINA MoU
  8. Development contracts
    • DINA in the context of DiSSCo
  9. Operation and maintenance contracts
  10. DINA face to face meeting
  11. SPNCH meeting
  12. Partner reports
  13. Any other business
  14. Next meeting

Agenda

1 Election of a secretary for the meeting

  • Satpal

2 Approval of the agenda

  • Agenda Approved

3 Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting APPROVED

3.5 Aciton Items:

  • (DONE)TODO: ISC asks TC to share some slides regarding roadmap:
  • TODO: all partners are being asked to send signed copies of the MoU to Falko in order to collect them for the whole DINA consortium at the MfN (In Progress)

4 NRM decision on collection management systems

  • Last due date was Feb but with Covid-19 the decision is delayed until that is resolved most likely.

5 Review of DINA ISC decisions (Redmine)

  • No new decisions

6 Report from DINA TC

  • AAFC still looking for the Multimedia and Document store API Spec approval but will be looked at during the DINA virtual meeting
  • Fredrik brings up alignment of API's with the SPNCH focus groups, Falko says its too early

7 Signing of the new DINA MoU

  • AAFC has sent first draft
  • SWE is waiting on management and is looking for more SeqDB collaboration and SeqDB Open source publication
  • BERLIN has already signed the MOU
  • RBGE- forward to management but not response

8 Development contracts

  • Falko to forward first draft to Elspeth
    • There are specific sections and more general section that can/should be resused as a template
  • AAFC has not reviewed at this point
  • Falko expects addition to the document after the virtual meeting
  • everyone should comment on the document if possible

8.1 DINA in the context of DiSSCo

  • Project DiSSCo Prepare ( 3 years )
  • designing documents and guidelines, how to make collection management systems compliant to the DiSSCo infrastructure. MFN is the task lead on this
  • James brings up the burden to run a more mature organisation ( bank accounts, audits, etc... )
  • James on the advisory board (potential conflict??)
  • Falko will have the DINA techinical team investigate
    • No objections from the consortium
  • Ideally, being DiSSCo compliance means DINA compliance as well as the standards will be the same
  • TODO: Falko will compile a document with the options
    • might influence the development contracts between the partners
    • Falko should review the minutes for this section to ensure correctness

9 Operation and maintenance contracts

  • SeqDB Related, James sent some feedback before the meeting
  • It is difficult for parties to purchase support through AAFC being a government department
  • James points to onsite resources connected to AAFC
  • Fredrik - Ingimar on the technical side to support SeqDB, and 2 others on the lab side.
    • Would like to connect with Metabarcoding staff at AAFC ( Abbey L. from AAFC is a first point of contact )
  • James has another project in the works to move some of the SeqDB workflows into the DINA module
  • Fredrik would like what AAFC can and can't be provided in a first draft
    • Satpal and Christian to review
  • Fredrik highlights the importance of the SeqDB publication

10 DINA face to face meeting

11 SPNCH meeting

  • Meeting will be postponed until 2022
  • keen on doing a virtual conference in its place
  • James would still like to do a virtual symposium for "Collection management Systems"
  • TODO: Elspeth to keep DINA members informed with SPNCH meeting changes.

11.1 TDWG 2020

  • Meeting with iDig Bio/ GBIF/ etc... for sept is cancelled
  • meeting is being pushed by 1 year
  • Stan will send a message soon

12 Partner reports

  • Satpal offers to give a DINA presentation to Elspeth's devs this week if they are interested prior to the virtual meeting
  • Elsepeth's team also using DIGIVOL
  • Elsepeth to keep Falko in the loop with updates
  • planning a crowd sourcing working in the autum.
  • AAFC busy planning the virtual meeting
  • Berlin - Falko's group is very busy during the museum shutdown
  • Falko mentions media wiki
  • Satpal mentions IIIF standard
  • task to work on ELVIS in the collection management systems (DINA)
  • SWE - the museum has a georeferencing project going on but isn't really tied to DINA currently, Lis and Markus working with Ida. Should this be coordinated with ystesys plus?
  • moving ahead on the Living Atlas's project, feel free to reach out of the SWE dev team

13 Any other business

  • Dicsussion of setting up DINA Consortium as a Non-profit Organisation
  • DINA mailing lists from MFN is blacklisted. May take a few days before its deleted from the blacklist. Mostly effecting Canadian email addresses (GoC ones, not personal)
  • James - written to Andrew and Simon (ALA) they are still interested in DINA.
    • Our virtual meeting times don't work for them
  • Fredrik - brings up virtual meeting outputs to be shared with other parties
  • Falko - for the Data model, should we invite Paul M?
  • James - TODO : Satpal to Reach out to Matt, Ida, Ingimar, Kevin etc...

14 Next meeting

  • End of May 27th 2020, same time? 10am EDT?

This page was last modified on 8 April 2020, at 19:56. Content is available under Attribution-Share Alike Non-commercial 2.5 or later, Unported unless otherwise noted.