ISC conference call - 28th August 2019

Jump to: navigation, search
ISC conference call - 28th August 2019
Title ISC conference call - 28th August 2019
Location Google Hangout
Date Start 2019/08/28
Date End 2019/08/28
Tags
Description


Agenda

  1. Election of a secretary for the meeting
  2. Approval of the agenda
  3. Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting
  4. Review of DINA ISC decisions (Redmine)
  5. Report from DINA TC
  6. New DINA MoU
  7. DINA information material for Biodiversity Next
  8. Partner reports
  9. Any other business
  10. Next meeting

Minutes

Participants:

  1. Election of a secretary for the meeting
    • Falko
  2. Approval of the agenda
    • approved
  3. Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting
    • postponed to next meeting
  4. Review of DINA ISC decisions
    • ticket on the TDWG Bidiversity Clients and Standards Interest Group was not closed as decided in the previous meeting => so it was closed it just now without further discussion
    • ticket on the MoU => to be discussed as separate topic
  5. Report from DINA TC
    • 2-3 TC meetings have taken place on focussed topics:
      • DINA data model meeting
        • very productive process and active discussion on to refine the data model
        • next steps: to continue refinement, but also to look at implementing the data model and test it in very specific use cases, because refinement of some entities can only be tested by putting data into the structure
      • re-structuring DINA GitHub repos
        • GitHub has been cleaned and structured
        • Ticket system: main (technical) questions, use cases, (technical) activities are accommodated as issues in the GitHub repo
      • the AAFC team presented their vision
        • AAFC vision fits with MfN's plans.
        • Falko had already identified potential components in addition to the Labels & Reports module and the Generic Data Module. #*** Falko presented a media module, which AAFC could adopt to reduce redundancy in development
    • DISCUSSION & OUTCOME:
      • DINA School repo – should it be deleted or transferred to new structure (suggested by Ingimar, but reported by Fredrik)
      • as Satpal is now chairing the TC – should Satpal report from TC in the ISC meetings => ISC agrees to invite Satpal to the ISC calls
      • TODO: Falko adds Satpal to mailing list and Fred invites him to the ISC
  6. New DINA MoU
    • AAFC: Only suggestions were changes in language to be more appropriate for legal system. No changes required in MoU
    • MfN: no further changes necessary
    • NRM: no issues, but will double check with legal experts
    • TODO: Fredrik checks changes with his legal team
    • TODO: James includes the Canadian revisions in the latest version by end of September
    • TODO: item 12.6 => Falko asks his legal expert to either use German or Canadian law?
    • TODO: all finalise the MoU document before Biodiversity Next conference so that it is available for potential new partners. => So another ISC meeting at beginning of October to have final discussion on document.
  7. DINA information material for Biodiversity Next
    • MfN organize and pay stickers with the DINA logo
    • Falko presents a draft of a postcard (instead of a flyer), that should have only minimal content e.g. DINA logo, URL and QR code and a (funny or memorizable) message
      • TODO: Falko will create a Google document so everyone can suggest a text for the postcard
      • TODO: all will add their suggestions and comments to the Google document
  8. Partner reports
    • RBGE
      • Specify 6 migration
      • migration experiences as contribution to data model discussions
        • comment from James: living / cultivation use cases from RBGE for the data model would be really helpful
    • MfN
      • preparation for the scientific evaluation
      • Christian Bölling, the new data curator is highly involved in the data model discussions
      • preparation & master plan for high-throughput collection disclosure / digitization
      • great progress on a (media) data search portal, that could be integrated in the DINA landscape
    • AAFC
      • focussing on the agents module is most important
      • wrap up the multimedia topic by end of year together with MfN
    • NRM
      • still DINA review process until end of the year
      • change in staff working on ALA Sweden => could affect DINA
  9. Any other business
    • none
  10. Next meeting
    • 2nd October 2019
    • agenda items should be Biodiversity Next and finalising the MoU

This page was last modified on 29 September 2019, at 16:20. Content is available under Attribution-Share Alike Non-commercial 2.5 or later, Unported unless otherwise noted.