ISC conference call - 9th December 2020

Jump to: navigation, search
ISC conference call - 9th December 2020
Title ISC conference call - 9th December 2020
Location Fredrik's zoom room
Date Start 2020/12/09 14:00 UTC
Date End 2020/12/09 16:00 UTC
Tags
Description


Agenda

  1. Election of a secretary for the meeting
  2. Approval of the agenda
  3. Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting
  4. Review of DINA ISC decisions (Redmine)
    1. Signing of the DINA MoU
    2. AAFC-NRM MoU on SeqDB (Fredrik, James)
    3. DiSSCO and DINA organization (Falko)
  5. Report from DINA TC (Satpal)
  6. SPNCH and TDWG meetings update/report
  7. DINA communication/outreach, update (Falko)
  8. Cultivated specimens
  9. Partner reports
  10. Any other business
  11. Next meeting

Minutes

Participants: Fredrik, Elspeth, James, Satpal, Falko

  1. Election of a secretary for the meeting
    • Falko
  2. Approval of the agenda
    • approved with addition: cultivated collections
  3. Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting
    • approved
  4. Review of DINA ISC decisions
    1. Signing of the DINA MoU
      • AAFC: briefings done, no reason why it wouldn't be signed. Thus, very close to signature!
      • RBGE: happy to sign, but clean copy needed
        • Falko provided Elspeth with the official link during the meeting
      • NRM: DINA MoU + SeqDB MoU submitted, but separate contract for SeqDB needed
    2. AAFC-NRM MoU on SeqDB
      • no legal issues
      • migrate users from legacy database to DINA integrated solution
      • maybe some refinement on the text
    3. DiSSCO and DINA organization
      • think of working groups in the non-profit organization with different focuses
      • legal entity based in Germany, e.g. non-profit association
      • bylaws need to be set up in a draft version
      • non-profit purpose influences taxation and needs to be carefully considered regarding funding and exchange of services (non-profit association vs. non-profit company)
      • Falko might ask for advice from the Free Software Foundation Europe
      • Other German members needed in order to have a stronger basis for an association with German legislation and taxation
        • TODO @Falko: to get in first informal contact with other German institutions
      • invitation of potential new members
        • TODO @Fredrik: to reach out to Vince (NHM)
        • TODO @James: to reach out to his management to check potential legal issues
        • TODO @Falko: to contact / update DiSSCo and invite them to discuss the legal entitiy and DiSSCo's support.
  5. Report from DINA TC
    • specimen collection meeting at AAFC
      • collection events
      • more contractors for support at AAFC
      • UX designer hired
      • operations mode will begin in March 2022 (15 months left at AAFC)
      • merged the seqdb-api into DINA, Agents Module, active work on the collecting events at AAFC, collection manager about to start as jointdevelopment AAFC & MfN
    • weekly meetings on Information Concepts are running well. Good progress and essential discussions
    • Roadmap meetings AAFC + MfN
      • increase of speed of concepts & development
      • maybe monthly newsletter for better communication of the roadmap?
      • nailing down exactly which modules MfN will lead and which will be co-developed
  6. SPNCH and TDWG meetings
    • full recording of the TDWG session on collection management systems incl. DINA presentation available (https://doi.org/10.3897/biss.4.59070)
      • TODO @Falko: to put the link on the wiki's homepage
    • great relevance of discussions during the TDWG sessions especially regarding: Digital Specimen vs. Extended Specimen, Minimum Information about a Digital Specimen (MIDS) and Collections Description (CD) standards
  7. DINA communication/outreach
    • send out newsletter
    • reach out to others
    • public roadmap
  8. Cultivated specimens
    • migration of cultivated material will be relevant and special to DINA
    • invitation of (new) partners representing these aspects
  9. Partner reports
    • MfN
      • main focus is digitization
      • DINA developments are very relevant for the digitization processes => a lot of data need a new home
      • Falko's position as head of new department includes datamanagement, informatics AND IT, now. This is binding more of his time resources, but is a great chance to even better control the DINA activities at MfN.
    • NRM
      • Merging infrastructure of Living Atlases platform => on national infrastructure
    • AAFC
      • maintenance operation => 1-2 permanent people to take care, then move forward with the project
    • RBGE
      • switched off BGBase
      • Specify will be opened up for use by January
      • interested in using the DINA Labels Module
  10. Any other business
    • none
  11. Next meeting

This page was last modified on 14 February 2021, at 20:41. Content is available under Attribution-Share Alike Non-commercial 2.5 or later, Unported unless otherwise noted.